• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MacRobertson Air Race Line up

How can he screw it up at this stage?
Trying to fix something.

I noticed that I had the props wrong on the Red one. This are the props that I build years ago when I first built the Comet. I had the prop angle like they were counter rotating. No the airscrew was clockwise on both sides. I thought some debonder would let me fix that. so I soaked the part in some, tried to remove the prop from the hub and snap...the prop broke at the hub.
Then I realized the real screw up. I just broke the correct prop. Hells bells. Go for broke and break them all off and be done with it.

I drilled out a really small hole on the prop shaft and the hub, used some .1mm nickel rod to secure and got it glued back together. Already painted up.

1715825731830.png

2 steps back and 1 step forward is still progress. I haven't assembled the other props yet. That should be no problem if I'm consistent.

Back