• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

E-Type jag, Scale = big.

Wow, awesome recovery, Paddy. I would have to agree with you, once you get to the point of "who gives a rip", you can actually mess around and get a decent result you might not otherwise have been able to. Yep, seems to happen every now and again.

Keep er goin, I'm likin it!

well i really did my best but this has beaten me.

This is the rear light assembly.
the one on the right is shaped and tapered to fit the recess in the body and doesnt look to bad. The one on the left is just another right had side one fitted upside down and simply doesnt fit. They did the same on the front.

_DSC9022.JPG

Th body fits ok to the front

_DSC9023.JPG

Some idea of the size with a 1/32 biplane

_DSC9025.JPG
And a mock up of how it would have looked with someone better than me in command.

_DSC9026.JPG

Note the 3 cans of spray i used and the 3 different shades of blue.

Pluss points
The engine and detail fits well
The body parts also fit quite well for instance the doors do fit as does the hood
There is enough in the box to work with and detail up

Down side.
The chrome work is poor, my guess is its a production issues from 60 years ago that we have got used to being sorted these days
The glass is as above, its just doesnt even start to fit. Given how well the basic panels fit i think this is again is an issue they couldn't fix all those years ago.
Is there an excuse to reissue this 60 years later with the same faults that with a modern cad program and a few hours could have been fixed ?
Given how important to a car like this the chrome parts are i think it should have been fixed especially given the price

In summery if you removed all the glass and chrome ,what you have left is a reasonable kit. This explains why most build on the web are race cars and convertible soft top conversions.

In fairness to me giving up, i was building this, like the rather more successful Bugatti i did to auction off for a charity.. Put simply its not up to a sell and its not something i would otherwise have built so a car enthusiast might well be more driven to do a good job than me.

hope this helps someone else who attempts the build......make it a race care :)

Last edited:
I’ve been lurking and watching, wishing I had something to add. You mentioned a modeler better than you and I really can’t imagine such a thing exists. Honesty, if it stymies you then it can’t be built. The engine and dash are works of art. I gasped just looking at the dang steering wheel LOL.

I have one of these that was given to me half built. Now I guess I know why. Too bad you had so many problems with the kit Paddy. Your workmanship was excellent and nothing to really feel bad about. For grins I might pull that box down and see just how bad it is but not really interested in building it.

It's amazing to me how the kit being this scale lacks attention to detail by the producer. One would think you wouldn't want to soil the bed after so much work has gone into production, etc. I'm not understanding the thought process of just even the bumpers alone lacking attention to detail, a right or a left side. Frustrated customers are usually not silent when it comes to relating their experiences.

Regardless, Paddy, you pulled this one out of the fire and it came out a gem, SPOT ON!;)

Back